Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Cherry Blossoms - A Reaction Essay

A Cherry Blossom in the Sun.
Have you ever heard about the Cherry Blossoms? A cherry blossom is a flower of the Japanese cherry tree. Cherry blossoms are from the Himalayas. Mayor Yukio Ozaki of Tokyo gifted 3,000 cherry trees to the city of Washington, DC in 1912. Every year we celebrate spring and honor the special friendship between the United States and Japan by visiting the cherry blossoms. Thousands of tourists visit the cherry blossoms so they are famous all round the world.  When I visited the cherry blossoms, I learned to take the metro, we took some pictures and I made some new friends.

Firstly, I was so unfamiliar with taking the metro so I looked for the map at the metro station and found my destination. I was supported by my teacher. He showed me the map and told me about each and every stop. We studied the map and followed it towards our direction. We took only one train which made us quite comfortable. We took metro from Virginia to Washington DC, so I was able to view some of the area from the metro which was awesome. Moreover, it was quite adventurous to take the metro instead of taking our own vehicle.

Secondly, when we got off of the metro we walked for some distance. We were very lucky to have good weather which made our trip nice and fresh. After 15 minutes we reached the tidal basin. I felt like I was in heaven. We all felt lucky to see such wonderful scenery which only comes once a year. The cherry blossoms add great beauty to Washington DC.  I felt amazed to touch the flowers and feel the environment during nice weather. I took some selfies as well as some group pictures which were full of fun. We took photos of the Potomac river, birds, ducks floating in the river and the Jefferson Memorial.

Thirdly, I made new friends from the other class. We introduced ourselves and talked about our cultures, traditions, customs, norms and values. We went to the restaurant nearby and spent some time making some jokes and talking about our own countries. In this way I was able to learn about the traditions of Muslims, Christians, Koreans and Hindus. This helped me understand about the thoughts and perceptions of people according to their culture. Furthermore, knowing some different aspects of life makes life adventurous.

          Finally, this field trip taught me a lot about moving around in the city and taking some tours in our daily busy life. Adjusting to the new environment is not easy, however, if we move around, make friends and enjoy the environment it will be valuable for our future.  

No comments:

Post a Comment